GENERAL DATA PROTECTION and PRIVACY REGULATIONS
1. DEFINITIONS / TERMINOLOGY
Data or Personal Data: means any information relating to a Relevant Person.
Data subject: means an identified or identifiable individual who may be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, such as a name, a registration number, location data, an online identifier, or one or more specific elements relating to the individual's physical, physiological, genetic, psychic, economic, cultural or social identity.
Applicable Data Protection Regulation: means Regulation 2016/679 / EU and amended Law No. 78-17 dated January 6th 1978 as well as all other applicable legal provisions relating to the processing and / or protection of private data.
Data ProcessingController means the individual or legal entity, the public authority, the service or any other body which, individually or corporately, determines the purposes and the means for the Processing of Personal Data.
Processing means: any transaction or set of transactions that may or may not be performed using automated processes and applied to Personal Data, such as collection, registration, organization, retention, adaptation or modification, extraction, consultation, use, communication by transmission, dissemination or any other form of disclosure, reconciliation or interconnection, and locking, erasing or destruction.
2. COLLECTION OF YOUR PRIVATE DATA
2.1. Name and details of the Data Processing Controller
Private Data are processed by the COMITÉ DU TOURISME DES ÎLES DE GUADELOUPE (« CTIG» or their « Responsable du traitement / Data ProcessingController»)
Local public institution, business and trade sector, registered under SIREN number 839 308 988, located 5, square de la Banque – BP 555 – 97166 Pointe-à-Pitre Cedex (Guadeloupe, F.W.I.)
Tel : +590 590 820 930
2.2 Collection methods
We may collect your Data in a variety of ways, including when:
- you register on the site
- you attend our events (ex: trade shows, contests, etc.)
- you contact us by email, mail or phone;
- you participate in a contest or promotional contest, etc.
- you give us permission to use such private information ("opt-in");
- you answer our requests (SMS, emails, questionnaires, surveys, social medias, etc ...);
- you interact with the Site in submitting an application form, providing a survey form, using online services;
- You interact with CTIG social media pages such as Facebook or Twitter;
More generally in all cases where you contact the CTIG and it is necessary to collect data about you to better understand your request and offer you an adequate response.
2.3 Classes and origin of data collected directly or indirectly
The types of data that we may collect directly or indirectly are:
- contact information (such as name, address, email address and phone number ...)
- identification information (such as passport identification number, tax registration number or social security number, ID card, driving license, date of birth ...)
- demographic information (such as age, age range, marital status, gender ...)
- geolocation data.
Data collected indirectly come from:
- Partners parties to agreements (associations, businesses, communities, etc).
2.4 Purposes and Lawful Basis for Data Processing
Data are processed by the CTIG for the following objectives (purposes):
- help you make a booking;
- provide and improve the use of the Website and provide you with technical support;
- update your awareness of our products or services;
- contact you about our products or services or other similar third-party products and services;
- comply with our legal obligations, settle disputes and enforce our contracts;
- contact you as part of our promotion and marketing campaigns of the Guadeloupe Islands;
- enable you to tender for public contracts;
- enable you to apply for new job offers at the CTIG;
- connect you to our partners (ex: hotels, lodges, photographers, etc.);
- help us to know you better.
These Purposes comply with the legal provisions of the governing Data Protection Regulations:
- The provision of a public service
- The legitimate interest of the CTIG in promoting its services and the Guadeloupe Islands
- The execution of a contract
- The performance of a legal requirement,
- Securing a consent when and where consent is required.
3. MANDATORY OR OPTIONAL COLLECTION
The CTIG informs you when the provision of information is mandatory (in particular because of a legal, regulatory, contractual obligation or simply in order to process your request or answer you). If you do not fill in this "mandatory" information, the CTIG may be unable to respond to the request.
Fields on a form that are not specified as mandatory are left to your discretion. It is up to you to fill them or not.
4. INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not disclose the personal data we collect about you except to:
- our providers as part of their service on our Website,
- our partners in the tourism or other sectors (such as the partner in charge of VSEs);
- territorial authorities when so requested.
5. TRANSMISSION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal details may be transferred, stored and processed in France, Germany, England, United States, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland, Ireland. Some of these countries may not provide the same level of personal data protection as in the European Union and the European Economic Area.
When we transfer your information to a country that does not offer a sufficient degree of protection, we take the necessary measures to preserve the security of your personal data, in particular by applying all appropriate safeguards provided in the applicable Data Protection Regulations.
To know exactly how we ensure safe transmission of your data, please contact us via the "contact us" section of our Website.
6. DURATION OF DATA CONSERVATION
Be informed that for the following purposes,your data will be kept as indicated:
- Cookies: 13 months
- Contracts: 5 years
- E-contracts: 10 years
- Prospects: 3 years
- Invoices: 10 years
- Web analytics and stats: 6 months.
- Job offers: 2 years
- HR management: 5 year records after the departure of the employee
- Tenders: as time required for the award of the contract.
Other reasonable durations shall apply to other specific collections as the case may be.
7. YOUR RIGHTS ON YOUR DATA
7.1. About your generic rights terms and conditions
In accordance with the applicable Data Protection Regulations, subject to the provisions of the said Regulations, and once your identity established, you are legally entitled to:
- access your data (in particular to know what data are processed by the CTIG);
- amend (to modify wrong data or update obsolete data)
- delete your data (when you meet the conditions provided by the Regulations and you no longer want the CTIG to process all or part of your Data);
- recover (when you meet the conditions provided by the Regulations and you want to recover your data or have them recovered by a third party);
- revoke (when you meet the conditions provided by the Regulations and you want the processing of your Data to be suspended due to an event provided for in the said Regulations);
- issue a ban for reasons related to your specific situation (when you meet the conditions provided by the Regulations and you no longer want your Data to be processed by the CTIG);
- define guidelines on the use of your Data after your death (when you meet the conditions set out in the Regulations and you want to predetermine what should happen to your data after your death).
In addition, you are entitled at any time and with no further justification, to ban the processing of your Data for marketing purposes, including profiling, and to withdraw any consent otherwise given to the CTIG.
You may claim said rights by contacting us in the manner set out in clause "11. Contact Us".
Lastly, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the CNIL:
- directly online;
- by mail: 3 Place Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 Paris Cedex 07.
8. AMENDMENTS TO THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
9. CONTACT US
For any further information on the protection of your personal data, please contact us
- via the Website: in the "Contact" section
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mail: CTIG, 5, square de la Banque – BP 555 – 97166 Pointe-à-Pitre Cedex
Updated: 1 october 2019